Once upon a time this last March, I lost my mind and traveled to Sweden. Alone. I experienced SO MUCH that I’m afraid that I’m going to forget the little details. I have meant to blog about traveling alone in Sweden as an American for months, but can’t seem to get it done. Eventually, I will. Pics and all. Here are some things I’d like to highlight in the near future:
- Scandinavian airlines vs. American airlines
- Meeting a penpal in real life
- Walking 7 miles a day
- Random moments of serendipity
- Wanderlust and I didn’t know I liked adventure! Apparently, I’m curious!
- Uppsala ❤
- Not meeting another penpal 😦
- Swimming naked in Källtorp with random strangers in freezing weather
- Meeting people FROM MY STATE IN SWEDEN. WHAT?!!?!?!?!
- How incredibly warm and inviting Swedish people are to visitors
- Not wanting to come home so bad that I’ve blocked the memories.
All I want to do for the rest of my life is travel. That is the reason behind my $12/hour job that drives me to insanity. That is the reason behind wearing Walmart underwear. That is the reason I wake up in the morning. The promise that I’ll continue to live and experience bits and pieces of the world outside of my home state.
My mom asked if the world seemed smaller now. Quite the opposite. I’ve seen Iceland and I’ve seen Sweden. There is so much more out there. I’ve only seen a microscopic piece. I have to work extraordinarily hard to be able to provide myself with this sort of emotional sustenance, but I’ll do whatever it takes to make it to Norway or Copenhagen and back to Sweden and Iceland all within the next few years. I like cold climates 🙂